The Mission of Friends Community Church is to help people become all that God would have them be. To do this we must win people to Christ, disciple them into His image, and equip them to serve God and others. The fruit of these efforts will be saved souls, transformed lives, and people actively impacting their world using their God-given gifts. Loving God and Loving People
Our CORE VALUES are:
- Priority of Prayer (James 4:2, John 15:5)
We believe that human efforts will produce human results, but dependence on God will see God-sized results.
- Dynamic Worship (Psalm 150, Ephesians 5:19) We believe that worship is a combination of celebration and reverence for who He is and what He has done and will continue to do. Our style is participatory and contemporary.
- Relevant, Biblical Teaching (2 Timothy 3:16)
We believe that the Bible should be the source of all teaching and that the Bible provides insight into all areas of our lives.
- Family Ministry (Proverbs 22:6) We believe that an effective church will minister to the entire family. Excellence will be evident in our ministry to all ages and stages.
5. Life Transformation (Hebrews 10:24)
We believe that life transformation takes place in the context of a healthy church environment and with the help of other believers. Care groups are essential for this process.
6. Shared Ministry (Ephesians 4:11, 1 Corinthians 12)
We believe that every believer has been given spiritual gifts by God to be used to build His kingdom. Helping people discover their gifts and putting them to use is a priority.
7. Our Community and the World (Matthew 28:18, Acts 1:8) We believe that God has given believers a responsibility to share the love and message of Jesus Christ with their community and their world. We will be active in building the Kingdom of God locally and to the ends of the earth.
Friends Community Church began as a part of Rose Drive Friends Church in Yorba Linda, CA. The elders of the church saw a need for a new church in the Fullerton/Brea area. As a result, the need was discussed and a pastor was chosen. Pastor Rick Darden, his wife Lani and their family, answered the call to lead this new church. For several months they worked along side a planning committee and a core group of people who helped encourage and support God's plan, as things began to be set in motion which would lead to the birth of a new church.
On November 2, 2002 FCC opened its doors for the first time at the Evangelical Christian Credit Union in Brea. FCC is excited to continue to faithfully follow God's lead and see Him work in the lives of people in our church and community today, tomorrow, and in the future!
We are part of Evangelical Friends Church Southwest (EFCSW) which is a network of churches filled with people who believe that we are better together than we are by ourselves. We share resources and work collectively to fulfill the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment. Together, we help each other serve one another and reach out to our communities. More info